Is it safe to microwave your coffee?
Please Login to ask or answer a question, or Register if you do not have a SearchWarp Account.
Answers to this question:
It should be. The magnetron shakes the water molecules at high speed and the friction creates heat. Very simple process. The only time when a liquid becomes volatile is when you heat distilled water (particulate free) and contact with a metal object right after heating can cause a violent reaction. If the coffee is fresh, it should not affect the flavor. Hope this helps.
Second Best, thanks Israel.
Selected as Best Answer!
Not always. Liquids being heated in a microwave can be superheated (i.e. heated above "boiling point" but without boiling)...if this happens then a slight movement of the cup can cause it to "explode" which can have a devasting effect...people have been known to be badly scolded when this happens.
From another perspective, are you going to lose kudos from your nearest and dearest if you offer them re-heated coffee? Don't take the chance, buy an espresso machine and make them fresh coffee everytime...this avoids superheating and makes you a barista in their eyes. Win win!
Thanks Ronyae! :)
If the coffee is left over and cool you can reheat it in the microwave but if you want to make a fresh cup of coffee it's better you not use the microwave.
Yes, it is safe, but you should be careful about the superheating Tim mentions.
For that reason, you should leave the coffee in the microwave to stand for a full minute after heating before you take it out, and then stir it at arms length before you drink it.
Yes and IMO it's a good way to make a milky coffe. Milk and coffee into a mug and heat on full for 3 minutes. Stir and you're ready for that caffeine fix. You don't burn the coffee beans making it this way either so you get a smoother taste.
Sounds Good, Devender
I hope so... since I do it all the time. But the guys are right, be careful of overheating!!
I just can't bring myself to dump out my coffee... seems like such a waste of a wonderful thing!
I second that, Jean.
Total Answers: 7, Total Page Views: 6,155.Microwaved coffee can be so over superheated that severe scalding can occur when the superoverheated liquid hits the air(or your lips).A chemical reaction of superheated coffee and water molecules causes a violent 'frothing.'
The best answer has been selected.
The SearchWarp Q&A section is for entertainment and civil discourse only. As always, if you need professional advice, seek the advice of a professional.