How To Tell Your Husband You Are Pregnant - 8 Ways To Create A Sweet Memory Of The Event
Convert this page to a PDF
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007
by Natalie Williams
The moment you break the news to your husband about your pregnancy is definitely going to be a moment to remember for the rest of your life. Instead of just telling him straight out "You are going to be a father!", why not spend some time to apply one of these 8 interesting ways to tell your husband he is going to be a father...
- Arrange with your favorite restaurant to surprise your husband with some wine midway through your dinner to let him know you are going to have a baby. If the restaurant has a band, ask them to play a song that you like and dedicate it to the "new father" by announcing it to the whole restaurant.
- Design a little treasure hunt game at home and drop hints to your husband on where to find the next clue which finally leads to a prize. If you want to be really cheeky, write a message like "You are going to be a father" on your chest and tell him in the final clue that his prize is underneath your clothes.
- Tell your husband you're going to give him a little present about 10 months from the time you break the news to him. It should not take too long for him to figure it out.
- Go shop for some baby products and put them in places where your husband will see them. You could get some baby books, diapers, clothing and other baby items and put them on his desk or in his suitcase to surprise him.
- If you already have a kid, purchase a custom shirt with the words "Big brother/sister to be!" and get him or her to wear it and show it to your husband.
- Squeal at the top of your voice to fool your husband into thinking you are in some sort of danger at home. When he arrives, flash him your best cheeky grin and show him your pregnancy test kit with the positive result!
- Prepare dinner for your husband with a variety of baby carrots, peas, corn and other mini vegetables and serve them on baby dinnerware.
- Send a big bouquet of flowers and a card to your husband's office to let him know you are pregnant. Most men do not receive flowers at work so this is really going to surprise him.
Please visit Natalie's web site Pregnancy101.net for more pregnancy tips and advice on getting pregnant, labor, breastfeeding and more.
This Article has been viewed 18,777 times. (Not updated in real-time.)Top-level comments on this article: (2 total)
» left by lauren from auckland 1 year 252 days ago.
thanks for this article! i was really stressing about how to break the news to my boyfriend but i used option number #2 and it really worked! But then he broke up with me :( thanks anyway you've got great tips i hope my baby will be as awesome as you :)» left by kate from canada 1 year 86 days ago.
Your EX sounds like a total loser.
Good for you for staying positive!
hows is your baby???
» left by Esme' Cyrus 1 year 191 days ago.
Omg.. I got a negative... But it's alright, I'm sorry for the breakup Lauren!!