Vaginal Dryness - How to Lubricate a Dry Vagina to Achieve Sexual Intercourse without Pain
Convert this page to a PDF
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Aside from the most known vaginal problems prevalently brought up in conversation, we have the vaginal issue of dryness that is not as often talked about, primarily because, women don`t see it as a serious vaginal concern like that of having an infection of the vagina. Depending on severity of the vaginal dryness it can cause major distressing discomfort. Women go to great lengths to avoid sexual contact because of this and this is unfortunate because, both parties then suffer, meaning, she for the pain during sexual intercourse, and his pain from not having intercourse. Every woman differs so the amount of vaginal lubrication will vary in each - as with many other things involving the vagina like vaginal odor and vaginal discharge. The fluid itself is lucid and reasonably odorless. The reasons for vaginal dryness also vary.
Ingredients in harsh alkaline soaps can be a reason, and drying up can come about from an allergic reaction to fragrances or dyes. Nearing to the menopause, estrogen levels lowers which can cause dryness of the vagina. Particular skin conditions can hinder vaginal lubrication. To help with lubrication flow there are methods and ways and things you can do to get relief. Once you find the one that works for you and corrects your vaginal dryness, then you are best to stick with that one solution.
1. Be more careful with what products you use for treating the vaginal issue, maybe for odor, infection, discharge and dryness. Examine bathroom toiletries closely, for instance soap. "The vagina wasn't designed to be sterile." "It has its own biologically normal, natural way of bacterial control-mainly by preserving a natural level of acidity (pH of 4 to 4.5.) Use a super-fatted hypoallergenic soap with no dyes or fragrances-one that is nonalkaline and pH-balanced. If at any time of treating your vaginal dryness and you experience problems from the treatment – stop using, and get yourself checked out if it has left you with concerning symptoms.
2. Avoid allergens at every possible convenience. If your dryness is a reaction to a substance that you are allergic to-an allergen-you may have to find the exact offender. Two regular allergens are perfumes and dyes in washing powder and toilet paper, yes you heard right toilet paper, so in the near future be careful with what you clean the botty with. Thankfully these two issues are easily solved. Use soft, white, unscented toilet paper, A lot of people buy toilet rolls to match décor, not healthy, stick with white, the reason being is, should your pee, vaginal discharge or other be not right, then any unusualness will be seen more easy on white tissue than that of pink, blue, or peach. If laundry detergent is the problem, then switch brands.
3. It's normal for some women not to lubricate a lot when in arousal mode. It's also possible to lubricate without knowing it. Lying flat on your back may urge moisture to pool in the back of your vagina, too far away to make sexual intercourse comfortable. What you need to do as a solution for this is, before sexual intercourse, try inserting a finger inside the vagina and drawing some of the lubrication out to coat the dry surface. Remember what may work for one woman's lubrication issue may not be the same for others. It is always best to seek medical advice about treatments before using if gotten from another source other than your GP.
If your dryness is only occasional but still upsetting, use a water-based lubricant like K-Y Jelly or Surgilube during intercourse. "Avoid Vaseline and oils, because they tend to plug up pores, and if you're using a condom, the oil-based products will eat holes in it." Although K-Y and Surgilube are okay for intermittent dryness - consider Replens for safe and nonstop relief. Again double check with a medical expert to find out if the type treatment you are ready to use is suitable for you in general and appropriate for the condition you treat. Replens contains a special molecule that draws water into vaginal tissues. After using it daily for about 7 days, you should be able to decrease your usage to two to three times a week. You need your GP to examine you to check if it is a dermatologic problem that is causing your vaginal dryness. Your doctor may take a tiny tissue sample and pending the result of the sample test will have your GP know what treatment to prescribe (cream or antibiotic.)
Experts say when you have sex on a regular basis; you naturally make more lubrication, however in your case if it not be the case, then make an appointment to speak with a nurse at the surgery/clinic just to make sure. Continuing sexual activity is vitally important for helping hold back the thinning and drying effects of menopause on vaginal tissues. Dong quay is an all-purpose sexual and reproductive tonic for women. Fennel, fenugreek, anise, and parsley also have estrogen-like persona. Creams come in various sorts and if made from wild yam, touted as natural sources of progesterone, seem to improve vaginal dryness significantly in the menopausal female. Hormone replacement therapy in abbreviation (HRT) is helping women the world over to cope with symptoms of the menopause. HRT refers to taking hormones to replace the natural hormones that diminish as the ovaries stop functioning after menopause. HRT helps rid many symptoms of the menopause and vaginal dryness is one of those.
Sex may be painful because there is not enough moisture in the vagina, but the good news is, there are various solutions to help with vaginal dryness (Vaginal lubricants.) Women who cannot take HRT due to particular reasons are advised to use a vaginal lubricant to prevent any uneasiness and anxieties - that rise from a type fear brought about by "lack of moisture" in the vagina during sex. Ignore most hearsay on vaginal lubricants which implies that you or your partner has a sexual problem. Benefits of vaginal lubricants include:
- Fewer tears of vaginal tissue and little irritation
- Less irritation and penis pain
- Better acceptance of penetration
- Sexual closeness more loving
Sometimes it can be embarrassing having to air your laundry in public so as to speak, but you really need to see a doctor because troublesome sex (painful) may be caused by a psychological or social problem. This does not mean you are mad, however you`d be mad not to check it out.
Did you know when you treat your own vaginal infection you rid vaginal odour at the same time.
This Article has been viewed 37,652 times. (Not updated in real-time.)No comments yet.